How to Boost Productivity with Workflow Automation
More and more organizations are automating repetitive tasks to make their workflows more efficient, improving employee productivity. Since then they’re noticing significant improvements in morale, productivity, and creativity throughout their workforces. Workflow automation gives employees more control of their time. Automating repetitive tasks free up the time of employees. Their free time is used to focus on more business-critical work. Hence, automation can lead to improved employee satisfaction and engagement in the organization.
Technology investment and employee morale are closely linked in many organizations. Employees may become concerned if your business appears to lack resources. Inability to buy adequate technology necessary for optimal work results in low productivity. On the other hand, effective workplace technology helps employees perform important work tasks. Also, automation helps maintain good communication between employees.
Table of Contents:
1. Process automation Improving Employee Productivity
2. Help your employees embrace workflow automation
3. Real-Life Examples of Process Automation Improving Efficiency
4. Automation is the future
Process automation Improving Employee Productivity
Process automation is the use of digital technology to handle processes and streamline them. It reduces the amount of time employees finish the tasks. This is usually a combination of interactive software, bots and artificial intelligence. So, what are the benefits of process or workflow automation?
- It reduces the chance of human error. Achieving fewer administrative errors is good across the board. It lowers the risk of inputting errors and takes unnecessary pressure away from employees.
- It reduces the need for supervision and micromanagement. Modern workflow automation and integrations ensure that each employee is well aware of his or her responsibilities.
- It empowers employees. Automating repetitive tasks allows staff to focus on their core roles and their associated skills. This makes people feel more fulfilled.
- Employees enjoy better workplace organization with automation. With business process automation, data can be collected every time a process happens.
- It improves internal communication. When the system itself is monitoring workflows, staff are always informed. As a result, it minimizes disagreements and challenging interactions.
- It reduces stress and improves health. Automating tasks is a great stress reliever. If you can remove stress, you will be helping your staff feel confident, relaxed, and more creative.
- Nowadays, companies use online automation tutorials to provide orientation and training for new employees. Some like Integromasters, have online certification programs for employee development. Well-trained employees feel more equipped in their jobs and feel great about their contributions. Additionally, as employees gain more skills, they have more opportunities for increased responsibility, job promotions and work satisfaction.
Help your employees embrace workflow automation
Here are some of the many ways that companies can prepare themselves to embrace automation and eventually improve employee productivity:
- Help employees understand the benefits of automation. You can organize monthly or weekly discussions of the tech team with the other departments for building a better understanding and increasing user acceptance.
- Ask employees to look for automation opportunities. Department heads should encourage employees to look for any opportunities to automate continually.
- Make automation a no-code process. You cannot wholly depend on your IT department to automate all the processes within the organization. Look for no-code workflow solutions that allow non-technical users to automate processes and transform them into structured workflows easily.
Real-Life Examples of Process Automation Improving Efficiency
Banks have created interactive forms for loan applications. As opposed to pages and pages of information filled out on a PDF, a customer that seeks to get a loan can fill and submit the request easily in a matter of minutes rather than hours. The loan officer can either have the form available online or can send an invitation to the client directly. After the client submits the form, all involved parts will receive exactly and only the part of information they need to move forward. A business can send automatic replies, confirmations, communications as part of the workflow automation.
Automation is the future
Automation is the future of work, and it has now become a necessity for organizations if they want to stay relevant and get ahead in their industry. At the same time, just adopting workflow automation will not do the trick. Companies need to carefully analyze their business processes to recognize the parts that can be easily automated to improve employee satisfaction and productivity.
Business process automation is for organizations of all types and sizes. It doesn’t require custom programming or a big IT investment. In fact, you can create automated forms and workflows even if you know nothing about programming. Integromasters is the best course available to learn automation and adapt it to your business processes. Join our free workshop now and manage everything from one platform without spending money on expensive tools or SAAS.